Voting at th AGM
Posted: 11 May 2008 12:30 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-05-11

Could you please clarify the situation with regard to voting at the AGM.

Accoring to what I have read it is a matter of a simple majority.However a parking space cannot surely have the same vote as an apartment.
Also at our last AGM the adminstrator said that 2 members who had 2 apartments each only had 1 vote each ❓ .This does not seem correct.I know that large holdings cannot dominate the voting.

Could you please clarify the situation.

Thank-you

CoCo1

Posted: 12 May 2008 12:24 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-03-27

Hope I can help a little here. Any one person owning a property has a vote but only one vote per household, if they own 2 properties then they have one vote per property. I am not sure what you mean by a parking space but if the committee have agreed all have a parking space then each owner has the right of one. A majority vote rules in manydecisions but in some this is not the case, maybe you could tell me more. Large votes can dominate a proceeding if there are a few larger properties and they vote together. I would need to know the exact reason for your asking. If you do not get any other response let me know and we could go into this further as I am having a lot of dealings with my Community who infact a doing a lot of naughty deeds. Friend..

Posted: 12 May 2008 11:14 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Yes I would agree that its 1 vote per property - if you have 2 you get 2 votes. If it was only 1 what happens if you sell 1 of the properties - the new owner does not get a vote ? No of course not. If this is not the case then check your escritura where the cuotas should be documented. There are books detailing community law printed in English

ie The Spanish property Guide by David Searl - I have mentioned him before on this site. His books are accurate and worth the money. He is a regular contributor to the Solbank magazine.

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 12 May 2008 11:30 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-05-11

I just did along reply and hit return to amend a spelling error and the whole thing dissapeared.Has it arrived on the Forum?

Posted: 12 May 2008 11:32 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-05-11

You seemed to have answered the question except for the status of the owner of a garage space in the underground garage.Some are owned by people from outside the community.

Posted: 12 May 2008 11:49 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2008-05-11

Sorry.Just to clarify.
We have 55 apartments and garage spaces.8 are owned by Spanish permanent residents.The others by transient members who use them as holiday homes.Each apartment and garage space has a vote.The requirements of the Spanish Residents are different from the other members who are the majority.

At the last AGM we voted on replacing the garden chairs which were in a pretty poor condition with better ones.The first vote was a draw but someone change their vote and it was passed.To replace the original chairs (30) was about 30 Euros per chair.To get new ones was 115 Euros per chair.Not alot of difference on 55 apartments.Needless to say the Spanish Residents who use the garden the most voted against it.One couple have the apartment in one name and the garage in another.Surely it cannot carry the same weight of vote.

We have a painting fund which they are continually trying to reduce.They also want a cheaper gardener and we do not.

I ask the question because as less people turn up the AGM and the Spanish Residents do the voting becomes more critical and the weight of the vote is important.

Hope my previous even longer message doesn’t appear aswell

Very many thanks,

CoCo1

‹‹ Long Term Rental Required      Diabetic ››