Young male looking to cheaply move to Spain from US for Freedom
Posted: 27 May 2008 11:15 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-05-27

Hi, I turn 21 on June 18th and only have a semester of college under my belt. I don’t think I can live in the U.S anymore. The culture has taken too much of a shit. I want to move to a small town in the culture capital of history Spain. Where all I need is a job to afford my living expenses and so I can smoke cannabis for my nerve problems. I can work with computers, I know the inside and outs of the restaurant buisness and I’m pretty big and strong so I can do construction and manual labor.

Any suggestions on towns I should look at?

Posted: 27 May 2008 11:55 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Spain is full off many town that are nice but you need to have spanish .... , you need to bring momey that you live off for a while . until you fined a job

usa to spain ..... is not cheap ,
and as you extre smoking problems , we dont need to know about it please , try it at home in the Usa and see what happens

Becareful with you replay please this forum is watched by young and old and not try to give off bad vibes

I will edit post here
jurdy

Posted: 28 May 2008 03:51 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Eyyo,
As Jurdy said, Spain isn’t the cheap, free haven it once was. In fact I just found out that in order to get a pay as you go phone you have to provide your passport as ID. Ridiculous! I just bought underwear that would be $25 USD and after the conversion they came to $40.  That being said, life as a quiet pot smoker can be accommodated. There are a few other posts about it around the forum. Check those out for an idea as to how that works.

The economy is slowly recovering here, so perhaps life in a small town in Andalucia or the Valencia region would suit you. It’s tough to tell, but come over for a visit and look around. It’s not a decision you want to go into blindly. You’ll probably need about $8-10k to help you with the transition.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 May 2008 07:07 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

just been on the phone to a guy 21 old how what two do the same are what you try to do aswell but here come for Uk so flights will only cost 100 euros return

Usa flight to Madrid is 800- 2200 USD (2200usd is open ticket 12 Months from Newark ... Airport EWR with CO Continental Airlines to Madrid)
then you need few euros to spend , rent ie rooms for rent / shared flats (Gran V?a ? Carrefour)  Alicante center 350 euros a room per month Remember that you should view the property BEFORE paying any money . thne you need momey for food .... 150 euros a week the pub and nights out 150 euros a week then you need to get around bus taxis trains 100 euros aweek , now there hight prices but you need good momey , phones computers internet cafes it gose on

You?ll probably need about $8-10k to help you with the transition. that euros not dollers
now that big cities small places would be bite cheaper but not much
Alicante and Elchle would be the same thought elchle is smaller then Alicante but you get work in both places if you have spanish
costly area where Tourist area house are rooms can cost from 200 euros - 800 per month . low and hight rents
jurdy

Posted: 25 September 2008 07:37 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2008-09-25
EyYo - 27 May 2008 11:15 PM

Hi, I turn 21 on June 18th and only have a semester of college under my belt. I don’t think I can live in the U.S anymore. The culture has taken too much of a shit. I want to move to a small town in the culture capital of history Spain. Where all I need is a job to afford my living expenses and so I can smoke cannabis for my nerve problems. I can work with computers, I know the inside and outs of the restaurant buisness and I’m pretty big and strong so I can do construction and manual labor.

Any suggestions on towns I should look at?

good advice stay out of treble….and drugs, Spanish prisons aren’t like US, take the time to learn the culture, you will enjoy the stay.

Signature 

Don’t bug Me…..Hug Me!