< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
Wanna Buy a cheap Hotel
Posted: 01 August 2008 07:28 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Okay, I can put up a total of 5k, so we’re at 39000? then, right?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:16 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Only fear I have is that with around 10,000 Business partners were gonna have one hell of a business meeting, make running the EU look like childs play.

Will we have room for guest`s.

Maybe time to up the bid to 300,000.97 from me. :coolmad:

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:23 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

Yeah we need to rent a hotel to hold the board meeting.

Sorry to pee on the party boys (I note the women are not joining in ) but with the way the economy is going (seen the GM results today?) where will we find any guests with money to pay us?

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:23 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

I was thinking about that actually. I’d probably build a virtual event interface for general meetings. We could get real democratic about it…

Anyone here have actual hotel/hospitality experience?

So with Santi’s investment, we’re up to 339,000.97?, right?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:25 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
ROBI - 01 August 2008 10:23 PM

Yeah we need to rent a hotel to hold the board meeting.

Sorry to pee on the party boys (I note the women are not joining in ) but with the way the economy is going (seen the GM results today?) where will we find any guests with money to pay us?

“Build it and they will come…”

Seriously, with the talent behind SpainExpat.com and 10,000 owners worth of viral and word of mouth advertising we’re sure to be Mijas’ #1 hotel destination.

How many tourists does Mijas get every year?

Signature 

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:25 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

need to chat so see how we going to get all this momey , we run a share holding company with voteing rights , have a Board of Directors.  we need to know how many people are going to come in here to buy in two a company (to name later )

any one know how this going to happen are its going to like Eu , Santi you say it and right you are
if i know this was going to be real , think i would bid lot more . i put pen to paper and do it right
jurdy

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:26 PM   [ # 22 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

And as I understand, Dreamer is holding up the women’s contingent so far. 😊

Signature 

Posted: 01 August 2008 10:46 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

We need new page where people can registered there intent to buy in , think off it you need to have people give 10,000 eurs eack are more to make this work

if i know this was going to be real , think i would bid lot more . i put pen to paper and do it right up my bid to 50,000 euros came have Bank to draw up the paper work , i am not missing around here 50k on the table there lads with bank oking it , just lock you momey away for few weeks until we would need it ,
jurdy

Posted: 02 August 2008 07:24 AM   [ # 24 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-02-02

Speaking of the women’s contingent, my sister and a friend have pledged a total of 3,000 euros. My stepfather also owns a small hotel in Oregon. I’ll talk to him about this. 

If by some divine miracle we did manage to pull this off, we’d get some free publicity. Think about the headline: ANGLO EXPAT FORUM GROUP MAKES OFF WITH SPANISH LUXURY HOTEL. Or something fun like that.

We could also hold unique workshops, themed events, and conferences. There are many special niches that could be tapped into. I can think of a few off the top of my head.

In any case, unless someone more tech savvy would prefer to take the lead on this, I can set up a simple webpage and people can e-mail me or post here on the forum with additions. What information would we need on there for now? Real name and pledge amount? Anything else?

Posted: 02 August 2008 08:04 AM   [ # 25 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Spain EXPAT FORUM GROUP MAKES bid on LUXURY SPANISH HOTEL , think that more funny and again free publicity we would just get on that .....world wide
jurdy

Posted: 02 August 2008 02:22 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
ROBI - 01 August 2008 10:23 PM

where will we find any guests with money to pay us?

Two words

China.

Decor.

We need to establish a more classy decor for the place, in barbies world, soft pink mixed with fake Arabic style arches may be greeted with a wow, in the real world of 5 star classic rich peeps, definatly wrong.

We need to attract self made wealth by intelligent classy peeps, not lottery winners and car dealers.

See for yourselves.

http://www.granhotelguadalpin.com/es/byblos/habitaciones/galeria/images.cfm?gallery=salones#menu

I like the pool although the bar near the pool also needs re thinking, the colour will class with my skin tone and beach towels.

What also concerns me is the reviews from holiday makers, this hotel is advertised as a 5 Star, most reviews are good but state this place is not anywhere near 5 Star.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580271-d232722-Reviews-Gran_Hotel_Guadalpin_Byblos-Mijas_Costa_del_Sol_Andalusia.html#REVIEWS

Now we got some bargaining to do, although this hotel is sold as 5 star, it clearly isn`t, the decor as previously mentioned is typical middle class flash, but if we could negiotiate a cheap 3 star deal and invest in refurb too 5 star, we could have a goldmine.

So any odd job and builders here that want a slice of the action, you do the work for a percentage, make yourselves know to our Finance Director via PM.

Thay`ll probably be Jurdyr.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 02 August 2008 05:32 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

top end off the maket is hard to run , i go for 4 star , like any think few had say itwas 3 star hotel so some upgrading need to be done , could negiotiate a cheap 3 star deal , and marketing it , done we know how to do that here , there few heads here that know how to do that
jurdy

Posted: 02 August 2008 07:12 PM   [ # 28 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
jurdyr - 02 August 2008 05:32 PM

top end off the maket is hard to run , i go for 4 star ,

Southern Spain needs a real 5 star hotel.

I`d even take on the Kempinski in Estepona, which is one of 2 6 star hotels in Spain.

http://www.luxuryexplorer.com/hotels/esteponaresort/en/picture_lib/list.htm

Just look at the pool bar, I want that bar in our hotel

http://www.luxuryexplorer.com/hotels/esteponaresort/en/bars/index.htm?item_id=3513

Most would agree that the Spanish star system is always one star below the rest of the world, as is most things in Spain.

Anyway, location is key, its in La Cala de Mijas, its an area full of 3-4 star places, its near Fuengirola, Benalmadena and Torremolinos, so no competition there. 😊

Views are good, golf course included in the sale, great Health Spa.

We need chauffeur limo services for guests to get around, location a bit away from anything.If we installed a Heli pad, maybe get rid of the golf course and build private villas with there own staff, that`d be great.

Marbella and Puerto Banus hasn`t been top end for a decade, although expensive Villa`s, most Hotels are 4 star.

The biggest hurdle is getting the stereo typical image of Gold Rolex, loud Hawaiian shirt wearers away and into your subtle high end style conscious money spending peeps.

I`ve seen in Puerto Banus a new Rolls Phantom, in gold with the number plate “Richy” and a huge fat old minger driving, he`s not on the list, don`t care how much he`s worth.

Signature 

Posted: 02 August 2008 09:07 PM   [ # 29 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

Marbella and Puerto Banus ya right you been there ? full off over priced pubs , Restaurant , hotels , scamers , Pr heads that get in you face , hookers , was in Puerto Banus in 2003 it was sept 12 , meet mate from ireland and went on a pub call , (what is that you ask ,well i pay drinks left hand side off the street and pay on the right side off the street ) back then drink was 4 euros a beer large glass OVER PRICED but we hit a bar A very popular bar with music and dancers (not usdoing the danceing but girls we say , the drinks end up to be coke and jack for 2 off usd his round and was 45.00 euros (come on rip off spain ) think was the piano bar .... some to do with place across the road with hookers upstairs lol

there many be 4 star hotels but with 3star in my veiw ..... only good think there is El Corte Ingles and there bite over priced aswell lol

not very rich person waer the rich gear ...... stereo typical image of Gold Rolex, loud Hawaiian shirt wearers away and into your subtle high end style conscious money spending peeps. ,
so how much is in the pot of gold then ?

Posted: 02 August 2008 11:48 PM   [ # 30 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
jurdyr - 02 August 2008 09:07 PM

Marbella and Puerto Banus ya right you been there ?

Not since Wednesday.

Signature 

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3