Teaching English “in the black”
Posted: 07 August 2008 09:56 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-08-06

I’m a 22 yr old recent college graduate looking to work in Spain for a year or so.  After hearing all of these horror stories on how hard it is to get a work visa, I was wondering about the success rate of people teaching English in the black, and what a person who has done that might advise.  I’m not looking to make a lot of money, just enough to live on and do a little traveling.  Any info/advice is greatly appreciated!

Posted: 16 August 2008 04:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2008-08-10

In view of the lack of replies I think you should try a teaching site where this topic is one of the regulars and you ought to find more than enough information about where when how etc. If you are an EU citizen the responses will be fairly helpful, if from USA they will be more negative due to the frequency with which this question is asked. Depending how serious you are then a quick look without posting might be enough for you.

Posted: 17 August 2008 12:25 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Whistler, did you see this article on teaching in the black Written by someone who’s done it.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.