Tax advisor recommendations please
Posted: 18 September 2008 09:15 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

Hi All,

I have received official advice from UK tax office and NI that I will no longer be liable for UK tax and can be paid gross from the point of our move to Spain in January - so now I need to know how to go about things legally and properly in Spain but obviously paying minimum necessary taxes!  So I need qualified, indemnified advice from a perspective of both Spanish and English tax law.  I know I need to pay for this… but does anybody on this forum either provide such advice, or have a good personal recommendation about where to go?

Our situation involves income and directorships/companies, NOT either property or pensions currently, and most of the advisers I have seen advertising seem to focus on this area.  I am not even clear whether I am looking for an IFA, lawyer, gestor, abogado etc etc.  I jsut need to know what tax I’m going to have to stick aside, and when/how to file up and pay it! 

In a v tiny nutshell, currently employed director in UK firm, voluntarily relocating, and letting out UK property.  So do we open a Spanish branch of current firm (probably sledgehammer to said nutshell), do I go autonomo and invoice UK firm, do we set up SL firm and invoice..?  Partner will also work at least part time for same UK company initially.

Anyway enough info already, and if it’s better for forum rules please feel free to send me any personal commercial recommendations by PM.

I sent an email query to Blevins-Franks nearly a week ago and no reply as yet…

thanks everybody, in advance re this and for all the brilliant advice and support received so far,

Maya

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com

Posted: 21 September 2008 06:09 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-21

Dear Maya

I’m sorry that you haven’t had a reply from Blevins Franks but if you e-mail me direct and confidentially at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) I’ll sort this out for you.
Thanks

David S Franks
Chief Executive
Blevins Franks

Posted: 21 September 2008 06:43 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

I just wanted to update, for the record, that prior to David’s message I have received follow up from Blevins Franks who are being most helpful - I wouldnt want to leave the wrong impression about that in a public forum,

Maya

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com