Salary of 35,000/yr
Posted: 05 January 2009 07:11 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-01-05

hi, i’ ve been accepted by accompany to work for them at the above salary.  Is that a good rate?

Eventually, I would like to bring my family with me, with two kids.  I heard from a friend that after two years, I can apply for a spanish passport.  (I’m a Filipino by the way.)  What benefits do I get by doing so?  Does that allow me free travel back and forth to Canada without the need for a Canadian visa?

Once I bring my wife with me, can she work there too in any hospital in Madrid?  She is a licensed Medical Technologist.

Thanks for any information you may share with be.

regards,

Posted: 06 January 2009 05:47 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  760
Joined  2006-06-27

I very much hope your job offer is genuine - please dont part with any money up front - there are many scams around..

Signature 

Rob
Best Choice Villas sl
http://www.bcvillas.com
Selling legal property on the Costa Blanca

Posted: 26 January 2009 08:40 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2009-01-26

Is that salary net or gross?

If that is Net, that is a very good salary, although even gross it is still a good salary.

But that also comes down to what field your working in, etc….

What might be more important for you is the type of contract you will have. Indefinido, temporal, etc…

Signature 

Costa del Sol property
Costa del Sol Blog

Posted: 12 February 2009 02:23 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2008-04-01
chu26981 - 05 January 2009 07:11 PM

hi, i’ ve been accepted by accompany to work for them at the above salary.  Is that a good rate?

Eventually, I would like to bring my family with me, with two kids.  I heard from a friend that after two years, I can apply for a spanish passport.  (I’m a Filipino by the way.)  What benefits do I get by doing so?  Does that allow me free travel back and forth to Canada without the need for a Canadian visa?

Once I bring my wife with me, can she work there too in any hospital in Madrid?  She is a licensed Medical Technologist.

regards,

My wife is Filipina, we are Spanish residents. She can travel in the E.U. with her ID card, no need for a visa, but I doubt that this will work for Canada.
With 35000 euros you can make a decent living in Spain. If you wife is also working then it will probably be quite comfortable. But be aware, this is not Philippines: no cheap maids, drivers etc . On the other hand you will have nearly free medical care, jobless insurance, more security and a few other things which I did miss in the Philippines.

Posted: 11 June 2009 03:16 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2009-04-20
eva33 - 12 February 2009 02:23 AM
chu26981 - 05 January 2009 07:11 PM

regards

From my understanding in the short time that I have lived here is that 35k is a good salary. You can find something decent to rent under $1,000 euros including utilities (we’re in a 2 bedroom in Las Rozas and that is what we pay). Plus, whatever for monthly food and misc expenses, should still leave you with enough extra to save.

Good luck!