INVESTOR/SELF EMPLOYED VISA-OPENING A BED AND BREAKFAST
Posted: 28 January 2009 06:46 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-01-28

Hi!

My boyfriend and I (both Americans) would like to move to Barcelona and open a bed and breakfast. We are in the early stages of our research and are looking to move within the next 3 years or so. I understand that I will probably need an investor/self employed visa. I understand we need to provide a viable business plan and prove that we have the means to carry out the business in order to get the visa. We can’t afford to buy property without a mortgage. Does anyone know how much we’ll have to put up in cash to be able to buy property and get a mortgage? Is it difficult for non-EU nationals to obtain a mortgage? Do we need to have a mortgage approval before we can apply for the visa?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted: 28 January 2009 07:20 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

it that 5 years in spain to get a mortgage ,  you need a histroy in the banks system , credit rating what you need here , the day to day off lodgement and withdrawment , you sould get in touch with few off the banks , FinancialServices dept would where need to get in touch .

bed and breakfast will there lot in the the city of Barcelona from hotel groups , longweekends thr/fri/sat/sun is what happen here in spain , look at the airports in area and see all main airlines flight to and from Barcelona , Girona and Reus (low cost cairres Girona and Reus )

Tourism visitor numbers slip in Spain over the last 2 years and in last year with GBP (Pound sterling UK money ) vistors have droped due price been felted by UK visitor to spain

for up todate off news , Spanish Finance News by Jurdy update most days around 9 pm 21.00 CET at http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/forum/viewforum/41/

jurdy