castelldefels
Posted: 06 February 2009 09:09 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-02-06

Can anyone tell me more about Castelldefels? We are moving there and want to know about good/bad neigbourhoods, which schools to go to, I will have two infant children so want them to go to the local school so they learn the language integrate etc,
Does Colegio mean part private and CEIP the public schools? Are part private better? Any info would be great!

Thanks

Posted: 06 February 2009 11:42 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

Whereabouts/what area is Castellefels?
cheers,

Maya

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com

Posted: 07 February 2009 12:42 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-02-06

Castelldefels, south of Barcelona.

Posted: 09 February 2009 03:28 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I passed through it once for an interview… it’s pretty small. Close to the beach. It’s kind of a lower-rent Gava I think.

How’d you decide on Castelldefels already?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 February 2009 03:48 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

only a few minutes away form Barcelona and its international airport . some time get sme airport trafic over head nice beaches there . Olympic Canal, built for the 1992 Olympics north off the town .  Thus, the visitor will be able to play any water sport in the unbeatable facilities of the marina .
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ei=tFGPSe_wJZDRjAeAq_S3Cg&resnum=0&q=Castelldefels+spain&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=ie&ei=t1GPSfmYI4zFjAeQ6_27Cg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Posted: 09 February 2009 02:54 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-02-06

we lived in Barcelona for 3 years came back but now realized it was a mistake and want to go back but at the time I couldnt stand the noise and polution of the city so want to move just outside Barcelona, Iv been to Casteldefells and know its nice, but dont really know which areas are best, by best I mean, cleaner, better schools, nice neigbours etc. Any ideas? The schools is the main thing, I dont mind part private schools but found in Barcelona the CEIPs were actually better cos they were better regulated, had more outdoor playing space, but I guess that wont be a problem outside the city?

So anyone who lives there or knows someone who lives there? Is Gava better for schools then? Or we were also thinking Begues, North, but thought we’d best learn or try to learn Catalan first before moving into the hills!

Ta

Posted: 07 March 2012 01:07 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-06-26

I know this is an old thread but I am in the exact same boat, we lived in BCN city for my husband’s sabbatical year, moved back to the US and want to go back Spain. We loved Castelldefels and my husband will be going there to work at the university so we know that is where we will end up. He was commuting from Western Barcelona to Villadecans for work everyday, which was fine for one year, but this time we need to be close to his work so we can actually coparent. We have a 3 year old and another on the way, and know that if we can pull it off we will move there next year. Ideally I would like to find a local school that has a great English program, and a small student to teacher ratio. What have you found out? I would appreciate any info! I know the British school is supposed to be great, but honestly, I think we should go native. It’ll be harder (we are already a bilingual household, neither language is spanish) but it will be more affordable and our kids won’t grow up around people who are rolling in $. We just can’t live up to the standard of life a lot of expats are used to, and those would be my kids friends. My friends whose kids were itnernational school really struggled with that… anyhow a tangent 😊 I’m curious what you found out and would appreciate any help!!!