Getting married in Valencia
Posted: 26 February 2009 11:30 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-05-05

Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen and about to marry to a Spaniard. We handed all the papers necessary to the ‘Registro Civil’ in Valencia and we had the interview with the judge about 2 weeks ago. The said they will send all documents and the notes they have taken during the interview to the ‘Fiscal’.

(they noted every single word that came out from my mouth 😊 )

Also they told us to wait untill that prosecuter calls us to give us a date. My question is the procedures, which are expecting us after the ceremony. Well we still don’t have an exact date to marry. How long it takes to get a date from ‘Fiscal’? We are dealing with the paper work for marriage in Valencia. ‘Registro Civil en Valencia’

Thanks 😊

Posted: 10 March 2009 07:56 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-09-02

1) you wait until your interview will be approved and you will be allowed to get married. We were waiting 2 weeks. Then you get approval paper from Civil Registro, with which you can go to Ayutamiento to get date for marriage.
2) you will be appointed the date for your civil marriage
3) after marraige you will receive paper that your mariage took place on such date bla bla. Take it back to Registro Civil
4) receive Libro de Familia in Registro Civil

This is how it worked with us here , in andalucia. I think the procedure is pretty much the same, but dates may vary. We had all paperwork done very fast here, exactly 2 months from the moment we first submitted documents to Civil Registro till we got Libro de Familia

Posted: 12 March 2009 01:52 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-05

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes they called us and from the 2009 of January they are asking you to come by a police station which you are handling marriage paperwork. We came by and they just tried to give us another appointment ... just for the copy of my passport and the copy of the identity of my bf. But there was such a nice person who helped us (seeing us desperate) and took all necessary documents and told us that no longer we need to come back for the appointment (after asking if we have any criminal record). We will see whats gonna happen cos they told us to call Registro civil within 2 weeks 😊

Posted: 12 March 2009 03:30 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-02

Great! 😊))

Posted: 23 March 2009 05:05 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-05

But did you marry by Church or Registro Civil? Because now we have the date and they told us that we will get the Libro de Familia in the same day we marry:) We are getting married in Registro Civil. I saw the file and realized that they took some of the pictures of us (with my boyfriend) as a proof during the interview. 😊))

Posted: 24 March 2009 07:06 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-02

We got married by Registro Civil, but our marriage was in Ayutamiento, so thats why we received Libro de Familia few days later, because we needed to come back to Registro and show them paper that our mariage took place. Since you will marry in Registro, you will receive Libro de familia immidiatedly. Good luck! 😊))

Posted: 24 March 2009 10:51 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-05

Thanks a lot yanagnia!...

well after the marriage i have too many things to do.. apply for the NIE, residence permission etc. well 😊)

I hope i can solve them as fast as we marry :D

Posted: 25 March 2009 07:11 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-02

😊)) you apply only for residence permit, NIE comes along with this. The process takes 3-6 months from the time you submit all docs to the police till the time you get actual card of residency :-(((

Posted: 26 March 2009 10:56 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-05

As I always say they do it to provoke discussions between couples and change their mind to not to get married!!! :D…

but is there is not other way to get such permit and NIE number faster? I think it depends on where you submit your papers. Like marriage procedure. Because they told us that in Madrid, there is a queue from couples who wanna get married. 😊

Also as far as I know you can consult it to a lawyer (there are free lawyers of imigration).. or paying him something to help you make this process faster.. I don’t know.. 3-6 month its excessive!!!!

Posted: 27 March 2009 09:23 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-02

NIE you get very fast, but for tarjeta de residencia need to wait. Maybe it depends again on the place, wouldnt know, but I suspect it will be 2 months minimum. In the police they will tell you exactly. NIE doesnt allow you to work though, bcs for the work you will need social security number, which will be done only after your residency is confirmed. Dont know abt lawyer, ask around and make sure they will be really able to speed up the process

Posted: 30 March 2009 03:04 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-05

Well I am going to do my best. As you said I willl search around someone that could make this process faster and easier. Thanks a lot yanagnia! I will write here once I get it. 😉

Posted: 14 August 2013 11:30 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2013-06-28

Hi, is The procedure the same in Madrid as in Valencia? Looked on http://www.gov.uk but not clear. Me and my Spanish partner overwhelmed . Please help