Illegal American getting ready to Marry Her Madrileno!!! INFORMATION HELP!!!
Posted: 27 February 2009 08:40 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-02-27

I have finally convinced my Spanish Lover Boy to marry me…haha.
Seriously though….I don’t know where to begin….We currently live in Las Rozas de Madrid which is a small town outside of the Capital City. We don’t know where to go first…..should we go to our City Hall??? Should we go to the Madrid City Hall???

I have read some of the other posts and I know there is a lot of paperwork involved….we just dont know if we should get married and then do the paperwork or do we get the paperwork done before our civil service????

Do you get your NIE before they have fully processed all of the paperwork???

Also, I have overstayed my 90 days by only 4 months….I just am confused and overwhelmed. My spanish is really good so at least there wont be any language barrier going on but we want to get this done effectively and efficiently.

Any advice…even if it is repeated…would be wonderful!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Posted: 28 February 2009 12:12 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

I have overstayed my 90 days by only 4 months….I just am confused and overwhelmed. My spanish is really good so at least there wont be any language barrier going on but we want to get this done effectively and efficiently.

Any advice…even if it is repeated…would be wonderful!!!!

to get any paper work here in spain you need to be Illegal so sort out over over stay frist

jurdy

Posted: 28 February 2009 06:18 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2008-05-05

Hello,

Fisrtly you should get all the paperwork before marry. You can take it from your embassy in Madrid. But paperwork changes according to the province. Most likely in your embassy the will inform you about what kind of paperwork you need to have. But i think (if your embassy cannot supply)  you should get your residence document (last 2 years) from your home country. Its better for you to ask all of them to your embassy. Because you will get your papers stamped from your embassy and wont need to go to another place to get them stamped. After you have all you and your boyfriend must go to registro civil with the copy of your passport (if you dont marry in the church) and hand all those papers. Because you will have to sign some paperwork there. They will give you a date to make the interview with you and your boyfriend.

Good luck 😊

Posted: 10 March 2009 07:27 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2008-09-02

You start your paper work after you get Libro de Familia (family book). There is no problem with overstaying your visa, no worries.

‹‹ Getting married in Valencia      ------ ››