AMERICAN WANTS NIE (BARCELONA) Is it possible??
Posted: 27 March 2009 08:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-03-14

Hello Everyone!
I arrived in Barcelona Feb12th 2009. I have the entry stamp on my passport.
I have been reading all the forum posts regarding getting a NIE. I understand that I must got to the police station in Barceloneta, here in Barcelona, with a list of documents, etc, etc.
I am empradonada in Alella, a small town outside Barcelona, I speak fluent spanish.

What I am UNCLEAR about is whether I can get a NIE being an American (non EU) citizen. I am aware that I have a 90 tourist visa. I am also aware that on the NIE application you must state you reason for wanting the NIE; I have read posts that say you can write, buying a car or studying. I suppose I will write buying a car.

Therefore if I get all of the papers together and go to the police station with everything in order, will I be issued a NIE??
If so, will this NIE last more than my tourist visa? Will this NIE allow me to work?

I would like to find out how to get a NIE and work legally in Barcelona. I am not interested in applying for a visa for study because I have already finished my studies, nor do I want to look for a company that will sponsor me to work in Barcelona.

Thanks in advance to any help y suerte a todos!!!
Stacy
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 03 May 2011 12:51 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-05-03

I know this is an old post but did you have any success?
I am in a similar situation, any help would be great