I Want To Buy A Car!
Posted: 23 April 2009 06:54 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Well for the last week I have been round the Car Garages In Tarragona, Barca, And Zaragoza..

I have Money to spend But The Spanish 2nd Hand Car Market Is A Complete JOKE!

There is No legal control in this market and the dealers are asking for nearly new car prices.

Example Audi A4 4 years old 50000KM ?18000 Warranty NO!

So I have been looking at auto trader online in UK and for a 2 year old Audi A4 I can pick one up for 7k!

I just wondering is anyone else having issues buying a 2nd hand car?

Some cars I have seen I just Laughed One car had no Bumpers… And it was selling for 8k

I was looking at a brand new car… Audi and Others but there is so many catches and claws in the finance contract its not worth it…

Mac

Posted: 23 April 2009 07:38 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

MAC31 when look you see few 2nd car with lhd , bought 2nd jeep few years ago in uk and sold in france and made 1,000 euros on it .... try germany aswell , if you got cash as you bank if that have any repo stock .....

HA 1500 posts for me lol

Posted: 23 April 2009 07:43 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Congrats on The 1500 Posts!

Well I am trying everywhere… I just I do not want to be stuck with Inport Duties!

I will keep Trying I am sure something will come along!

Does anyone know How to check to see if a car is on Finance Here in Spain as I cannot Find A HPI Company that checks these things.. As I do not want to part with cash later to find out “La Grua” has taken the car because its on HP!

Mac

Posted: 28 April 2009 03:04 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
jurdyr - 23 April 2009 07:38 PM

HA 1500 posts for me lol

Congrats Jurdy!!! Muchas gracias y que postes muchos mas!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.