2 of 2
why are we so obsessed with living in spain
Posted: 25 April 2009 11:24 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12
alex-armstrong - 25 April 2009 11:06 PM

list of the things that i beleve why we British are so obsessed with spain is as follows:

SUN:  as we all know there is alot of sun

SHIT: sometimes you get floaters on the coast and the spanish drainage systems full of it always having blockages and it stinks of it somtimes

TITS: plenty of that, see it everywhere, on the beaches, on the TV, especaily in Adverts selling ICE CREAM?

BACON: to keep the moors out

CHEAP BOOZE: ie. VAT 69 down it before you hit the town.

will be adding to list soon

please feel free to add to list

alex

Erm…. SH*T Floats? I just peed myself laughing as I never in my life thought that an expat comes to spain to see that?

Tits and booze are for holiday Peeps man…

Posted: 28 April 2009 02:57 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
MAC31 - 25 April 2009 11:24 PM

Tits and booze are for holiday Peeps man…

Oh, I must beg to differ… 😉 Viva las costas!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 28 April 2009 04:26 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Was chatting two mate and he coming two spain this summer with 2 kids and booked a package holiday . cost 439.00 per adult x2 and kids off 300 for kids price

not cheap ..... taxes 1633.00 so he looking for sun drink and some pool time but there buget will be slim this year , No pubs selling drink over 2 euros ,no dear place for food , think off cooking in few times kids have but on a buget aswell ....  that been putting 170 euros a week aside for the holiday and spending money aswell .....

i think off all the time i go on holday with a grand are two in my pocket , but wont be happen for while , 

jurdy

Posted: 01 May 2009 05:00 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2007-10-22

I laugh at some of these posts. Jurdy - you know both sides of the coin - spain is mostly good if you integrate, but there are downsides as well (just like many countries). I’m moving to spain this year, but I still love my country. Its just that circumstances are changing.

My reasons for coming to Spain:

1. Getting frikkin expensive to fly out there twice a year now - need to be more varied in my holiday choices.

2. Sunshine - good for my tan and good for my love of cycling in fantastic countryside. Don’t get me wrong, I love britain and its countryside, but I hate getting wet while cycling every other day - and traffic tolerance is getting worse!

3. Food - nuff said! However, not as much choice in spain as here in uk.

4. Wife - my wife is spanish and we are able to go and live in her dad’s village.

5. Mujeres - plenty of good looking ones at that! Just like UK I know, but its harder to find the nice women amongst the chavs in Reading Central!

6. I can go to a bar after 7pm and get a coffee. Not in UK - costa lot coffee and all those american chains close at 6pm - what frikkin use is that!!! I hate these multi national coffee chains using their weight to establish a so called ‘coffee culture’ on us that only lines their pockets.  Why I ask myself is there no smaller operators - starting a coffee shop business should be one of the easier entreprenurial businesses to get into. Nope, our governments allow the big chains only as they are the ones who can afford the extortionate rates that our councils are charging. Rant over! And no, you cant get a coffee in a pub after 7pm - you’d be looked at like you’re some kind of freak.

7. Beach - love it!

8. Lots of open spaces

In spain there are many disadvantages that britain does well in. The list is endless, but we just need to think ourselves lucky that we not as poor as some countries, e.g. in asia and africa.

Thats my two penneth worth anyway!

Cheers, Steve

Posted: 01 May 2009 09:23 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

SteveBarbosa MY POST WAS AT THE HOLIDAY COMPANY THAT STIL RIP OFF PEOPLE WHILE HAVE DEALS RE DONE IN SPAIN ...

one Hotel i know off half it price for this year , but holday company told press that hotels will not drop there prices ....... used to work in the travel industry years ago and know how that run there shops

jurdy

< 1 2
2 of 2