UK Car
Posted: 26 January 2007 02:37 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-01-25

Hi, I am new to this and this is my first message.  We moved to Spain last year and brought our UK car with us.  We had planned to import and re-plate.  We started all the procedures, informing the DVLA of export, getting a Spanish MOT, which it passed and completing various forms which were stamped, then my husband stopped as he read that we had 6 months to apply, so no rush.  Well as you may have gathered the 6 months came and went and still we have not re-registered the car.  We can still do it but the cost is far more than the car is worth, so he purchased a new used car and I now have the problem of finding out how to dispose of our UK car.  I have tried some of these dealers that advertise buying UK cars, but they are only interested if they have a valid UK MOT and if the car is taxed, well the car tax expires on the 31st Jan and no UK MOT, so what I am looking for is some help and advise on how or where I can sell or dispose of the car.  It is still a good car, S Reg, clean and tidy and I wish we could keep it as I bought it from new, my baby.  Any help appreciated.