Company policy gone crazy!
Posted: 19 May 2009 01:44 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2007-11-01

Yesterday my electric went off at around 1pm. As I have a campo type phone that will not work without power, I tried to contact Sevillana Endesa using three different movils, but got cut off as soon as they answered. In desperation at 4pm I drove 6kms to the nearest Endesa office to report the power cut.

Surprise surprise. When I explained that the area where I live had no power, and I was unable to contact Averias, I was told by the Endesa employee that she could not help. When I asked if she would mind ringing her faults office to report the problem, she informed me that company policy stated that they were not allowed to get involved. “That is why we have a special number for our clients to ring”.
Eventually I found a public phone and was able to make contact and inform them of the problem.

I rang Endesa’s Servicio Atenci?n al Cliente this morning to confirm if the information given about not being to get involved was correct. Yes it is, as according to the official spokesperson it is not the responsibility of an employee in one of their many offices to report a power cut. That is for the customer to do, direct with Averias and not with the local Sevillana office. Not much of an example of customer service!!

The power was restored seven hours later.