The Nigerian Email Scam… now from Spain!
Posted: 10 June 2009 11:46 AM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Received the following today:

Attention:.

This is a personal mail directed to you and I request that it should be treated as such. I am MAHA DUKU, a lawyer and solicitor at law, my Office located in Spain.
I am the personal attorney/sole executor to the late Mr. Frank   hereinafter referred to as ?my client’ who worked as an independent oil merchant in Madrid Spain and died in a car crash with his immediate family on the 5th of Nov, 2006.

I carried out this search on you and I am contacting you because you bear a similar last name with that of my late client and the further reasons are as follows:
Since the death of my client in Nov, 2006, I have written several letters to your embassy with intent to locate any of his extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his abandoned fund and all such efforts have been to no avail.

However, going by the recent publications by the Bank in which my client deposited the sum of 9.8 Million USD, I fear a likely winding up proceedings in the coming months, I seek your consent therefore, to present you to the bank as my late client’s relation, since you bear a similar last name with him so that you can help repatriate the money to your bank account and I promise a fair share of 60% for me-40% for you at the end of the transfer.

If you are very interested, contact me through my email address or telephone number above, (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) Tel: +34 634 063 261 for better confidentiality as soon as possible and I shall appraise you with the full details. I want to assure that I have all the requirements to execute the release/transfer to your bank account. Like I said, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this and your readiness to work with me. This transaction will only last 14 working days and the fund will be transfer to your bank account, and there is no risk involves what so ever, legally or otherwise, even after the transfer to your bank account. While I will fly to join you for the sharing according to the percentage agreed.  Please let me have your opinion as soon as possible and send to me your telephone and fax numbers to enable us discuss further on this transaction.

Best regards,

Maha Duku Esq.,

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.