Why not learn Chinese?
Posted: 10 July 2009 12:11 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  194
Joined  2009-05-28

Last night I and five friends dined at a Chinese just outside Torrevieja. The indoor restaurant was faultless and the gardens outside, where we chose our seats, were lovely. The pleasant attentive service couldn?t be faulted either; the same could be said for cleanliness. It was the perfect setting.
We chose from the Menu del Dia at ?5.95. Typically I had duck a la orange with chips. The price included a starter and ice cream dessert. As good a meal as you could imagine. Each couple had a free bottle of wine. There was also free trimmings and of course, Schnapps. We were there from 7.30pm to 12.30am. It was a truly delightful evening.
Now can anyone tell me why, if the Chinese can do it, why can?t others learn from them?
At non-Chinese restaurants where I have dined the prices have been double ? at least; the service dysfunctional. Nowhere near as good value. If they could follow the Chinese example, ?arrivals? at our airports wouldn?t be able to cope.
It reminds me of the quotation: ?Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so”: Douglas Adams

Signature 

Unskilled Story Writers Wanted
http://www.michaelwalsh.es/