Long Term rental near Nueva Andalucia
Posted: 25 July 2009 12:30 AM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2009-07-05

Hello,
I have recently accepted a teaching job in a school in Nueva Andalucia and am looking for accommodation for long term rental.  I am taking my car so i will be looking for a 2 bedroomed apartment/house outside of Puerto Banus and its huge renting costs!  Can anyone name any nearby villages or towns close to Nueva Andalucia that are cheaper or any good rental companies?

Many thanks!

Posted: 25 July 2009 02:59 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  738
Joined  2008-06-23

Go to Estepona, which is west of Marbella, if you head towards Marbella/Malaga you`ll have traffic jam issues, until the new bypass is built.

Its the main route along that area, so traffic can jam in Nueva Andalucia for upto an hour.

Estepona is still cheap, its coastal and very well kept. You`ll need the sea near as its very very hot in summer, too hot for most.

North of Nueva Andalucia up towards Ronda is expensive villa area, unless you want Enrique Inglessia`s as a neighbour.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 25 July 2009 06:44 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-05

Well as appealing as it is to have Enrique as a neighbour, I think it might be slightly too expensive!! 😊  I will have a look into the Estepona region instead.  How long would it take to get to Puerto Banus from there by car?

Many thanks again for your reply.

Posted: 25 July 2009 11:27 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23

The urb might be a bit beyond a teachers wage, but only just 😉

If your curious you can take a look here, your helicopter won`t be an issue as they have a private heli port.

http://www.lazagaleta.com/casa-abubilla.htm

There isn`t any rental prices on the site, I guess if you need to ask you cannot afford it.

Estepona town centre to Nueva Andalucia around 15 minutes max. One dual carriage way lins you straight there.

Signature 

“I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.”

Posted: 26 July 2009 03:49 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-05

I had a look - wow!!  Definitely not on a teachers wage!!  Do you know very much about the area Benahavis?  Is that fairly local?

Posted: 26 July 2009 03:54 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23

I didn`t mention Benhavis as it is a small, very small village.

Its centre streets have just enough room to drive a small car down.

Its about 10 minutes away from Nueva Andalucia, but very popular with locals and Expats, its quiet expensive and not many people sell in the town, rentals would be difficult if your not already there.

Its a place you may get to live once your settled into that area, its a pretty little place.

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2009 03:57 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-05

Thank you.  I just thought i would ask as some estate agents were on about some rental property that way.

Posted: 26 July 2009 04:08 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
Lisa-M-B - 26 July 2009 03:57 PM

Thank you.  I just thought i would ask as some estate agents were on about some rental property that way.

For me personnally its a place to visit and eat.

I prefer a beach front type town, its nice to relax walking along the promenade watching the sun set over the horizon.

Benhavis not so good for that.

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2009 12:29 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-05

No i agree.  I would much rather be coastal and be near a beach after a hard day’s work.  I arrive in Marbella tomorrow for 5 days so i will have a look around.  Although a lot of rental agencies say they haven’t got much available in the Estepona region :(

Posted: 27 July 2009 01:06 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
Lisa-M-B - 27 July 2009 12:29 AM

.  Although a lot of rental agencies say they haven’t got much available in the Estepona region :(

There lying, the usually tell you what suits there needs rather than yours.

Try this site its Spanish and has 202 properties to rent in Estepona.

I searched apt between 500-650 a month rent long term and got 53 apts like this one below.

http://www.ibuscando.com/spanish/property/rent/ref/L166-00153P/

When your there it`ll be much easier to search, don`t trust every agent, but most Spanish ones are reputable.

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2009 03:50 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-05

Thank you again for your help.  I have contacted the estate agents and they are organising some viewings for me this week.  😊

Posted: 27 July 2009 04:57 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-23
Lisa-M-B - 27 July 2009 03:50 PM

Thank you again for your help.  I have contacted the estate agents and they are organising some viewings for me this week.  😊

No probs.

Don`t be put off by noise, Spain generally is far louder than the UK, its normal unless its not everyday sound.

You`ll hopefully get used to the constant mopeds bombing around, the people callin to each others balcony and children playing in the street at 1am.

If you try to search a quiet area you may find it hard, even the countryside gets loud.

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2009 06:46 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-07-05

Thanks for the warning and i will bear that in mind! 😊