Skype net-to-net and mobile 3G internet in Spain/Murcia
Posted: 03 September 2009 03:05 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-09-03

Hello!

I am going to Spain/Murcia for a couple of months. The problem is that place where I will be staying has no broadband landline connection nor WiFi coverage from any hotspot. That means I will have to rely on 3G internet from one of the mobile companies. I need to be able to contact my family and friends using Skype net-to-net connections (no SkypeIn/Out phone calling, just regular voice/video calls via the internet).

As it’s only few months, it’s not possible for me to get a 18-month contract, I’m looking for contract services I can relinquish at any time, or pay-as-you-go prepaid services. After some time spent on google I found that Yoigo is offering mobile “Internet para llevar” for 25EUR/month (+ taxes), including 3GB of data transfer allowed in this price.

My only serious concern is that they state “el acceso al servicio de internet no es v?lido para P2P ni para telefon?a IP” . Could that possibly mean that they disallow using Skype with their service? If it is so, does other providers (Vodafone? Movistar? Orange?) also force such restrictions on their users? Which of these could be most affordable and worth considering?

To be honest, the price tag of 25 - 30 EUR would be ideal, 50 EUR is tad high, considering exchange rates from my currency. My Spanish is not very good yet and I must say I have troubles getting through all those websites of mobile companies, deciphering their pricing rules.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions and recommendations where should I look to get an affordable internet connection through mobile without losing the possibility of doing Skype calls.

Thank you all in advance and best regards,
Mateusz