dyslexia
Posted: 03 September 2009 04:34 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-09-03

cn anyone give me some advice on dyslexia in the spanish schools .... my daughters school seems to think it is just a case of muddling up letters….. they have said it does not exist in spanish schools ...... heeeeelp!!!!!!

Posted: 08 September 2009 04:51 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Please don’t ‘quote me’ on this reply!!! (I.e I have no personal experience - just ‘hearsay’ from friends)....

A) It does not surprize me the school are not being very helpful.
There does exist (as far as I know) ‘special needs’ classes - either within a regular school - or a seperate place where spanish kids go…
But you don’t really want this as it seems they are then blacklisted from lots of things????

B) If the headmaster/mistress will not acknowledge your childs needs - then possibly? make an appointment at your local health centre with the ‘Trabajadora Social’ (Social Worker).  If they are as good as my local one (I needed advice on no longer being ‘in the system’ here as I had been made redundant - they will give you as much sound advice as they can.

They are there to help!

Good luck.
(Are there any other parents, a president of the PTA? - anyone you can ask advice?)