Help me choose the right city to live in!!!
Posted: 20 September 2009 01:24 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-09-20

I am a 24 year old girl moving to Spain from the US to get my master’s degree. I am now in the process of applying to schools, but I can’t decide which city would be best for me. I have visited Madrid for a week and I know some people who live there, but I don’t know if I could live in such a busy city. I really like to do stuff outdoors in my spare time too like hike, etc. and Madrid doesn’t have this for me. My other choices are Barcelona or Valencia. I want to be in a good college town where I can enjoy the city and nature in my spare time. Can anyone give me advice on which city I should choose? Thanks so much!

Posted: 20 September 2009 01:36 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

If you like hiking then you can’t beat the Pyrenees. They’re quite close by train to Barcelona. Valencia I’m not so familiar with many outdoor-sy places apart from the beach (which is really nice there though).

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.