How to compare electricity costs between different suppliers in Spain?
Posted: 18 October 2009 11:45 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-10-16

I recently received an electricity bill from Gesa Endesa ( my electricity supplier) telling me that the electricity market in spain is now liberalised ( ie there is more than one supplier) and that you can now choose your supplier. There was also a list of all the suppliers. The gist of the letter was that now I can choose.
I took a look at one or two of the alternative suppliers sites, and they were corporates ites, with no pricing info etc.

Does anyone know how to compare prices across the different suppliers ? eg is their a comparison site, or has anyone read an article with an overview of the suppliers etc.

Maybe there is a place somewhere that lists the tariffs of all the companies ? it would be great if anyone has any hints or tips!

Thanks
BE.

Posted: 19 October 2009 05:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi BE,
Don;t know if this is of help - but this is how I would start…
Find out all the co’s who supply your area. (I ‘think’ it may be the same as water, in that not all companies supply all areas).
A trip to your local consumer office may prove helpful in this search.
Contact each co ...
and do the comparisons yourself. (We only have one water co for eg as far as I know and their local office has to give you a tarif of prices. They gave me a copy no problem).

I am not sure the Spanish system is geared up for comparison sites yet. But I may be wrong 😊

Posted: 19 October 2009 03:14 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-10-16

> I am not sure the Spanish system is geared up for comparison sites yet.

I think you are right - it would be great to hear if anyone has changed electricity company yet and how smooth the process is?.If it is a big job, then I will leave everything as it is!