obtaining copy of escrtura
Posted: 23 March 2010 01:21 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-07-29

Hi all,

Im involved in a divorce situation where my ex managed to put OUR property all in her name. My question is this, is the Escritura public record, can I get a copy of this without getting a court order etc?
Thanks

Posted: 23 March 2010 03:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-11-23
mitchgto - 23 March 2010 01:21 PM

Hi all,

Im involved in a divorce situation where my ex managed to put OUR property all in her name. My question is this, is the Escritura public record, can I get a copy of this without getting a court order etc?
Thanks

You can get a copy if you can prove you have direct interests in getting it. You say she managed to put YOUR property all in her name. Does it mean that the title deeds was in both names before? If that’s the case, you can ask the notary to issue a copy for you (providing that she has signed any document on your behalf without your consent).

If the escritura wasn’t in both names before, the quickest way you can get updated information with regards to the property is getting a nota simple from the Land Registry. If the document obtained by your ex has been registered, you would get relevant information in this respect. Ideally, you should request an “nota simple extensiva”, which reflects more information than a normal nota simple.

In any event, depending on what you want to get that info for, it could be advisable to make other arrangements.

If you want us to assist you in this matter, you will find our contact details in our profile.

Best regards

Javier Moya
MT Legal Abogados