Another Vodafone Scam aided by the Junta de Andalucia!
Posted: 20 April 2010 01:21 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-13

I live in the campo in the Alpujarra and have been trying to get a 3G connection for many months. I bought a Vodafone internet sim and If I used it with my PDA phone and held it out the window, I may be lucky and pick up a signal. After a 2-3 months this signal disappeared totally, and by the way I could not get a signal with their dongle even with an aerial specially designed for the purpose….. another ?70 down the drain.
The next thing I hear, from the Junta, is that the WHOLE OF ANDALUCIA IS NOW COVERED BY A 1 MB SIGNAL FOR THE INTERNET IN CONJUNCTION WITH VODAFONE!!!
If I now look at the vodafone coverage map it shows the whole area where I live, including the three nearest villages, Murtas, Cadiar and Albondon with 3G.
So I thought well maybe they have extended coverage now, in my innocence…....., so I purchased 25 Euros worth and guess what? I can’t get ANY signal at all, let alone 3G…...... I was well annoyed and wrote a complaint to them, after two weeks they wrote back saying they needed more personal details from me to establish the problem which I sent them…. and re-iterated my complaint that they were scamming people….... that was 3 weeks ago….I am not holding my breath.
But how do the B******* get away with such daylight robbery and with the Junta as partners? I wonder who is in cahoots with Vodafone in the Junta….? Why is there so much corruption here?
I know from just talking locally that I am certainly not alone in this situation?
If anyone else in Andalucia can’t get 3G, lets band together and give them some concerted action, maybe even legal.
It is a pure scam.

Graham

Signature 

http://www.jetnet-in-english.es for Wimax service without the need for fixed line or line of site of masts. From 14.90 month, half the price of Iberbanda.