Owning a bar in Benidorm
Posted: 07 June 2010 04:32 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-07

Hi people,

I live in Benidorm and have recently taken the plunge and bought an existing bar that was for sale. the only problem is that i don’t know what sort of licence i need to run this bar.
i already have the experience and an english NCPLH licence to sell on or off the premises but im unsure as to whether this as an EU country is adequate or do we need a seperate one over here or maybe its just the premises as a whole that needs the licence and not the owner.

Please if anybody can advise me or help to point me in the right direction on this it would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks and enjoy the sun,
Carl.

Posted: 08 June 2010 05:55 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Have you seen our article on how to start a bar in Spain

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 08 June 2010 02:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-07

Thanks for the link. That article does help to a certain extent. What i get from reading that is that i personally dont need a licence its the premises that does. so if anybody could actually confirm this as being correct i would greatly appreciate it.
many thanks.
Carl.

Posted: 28 July 2010 05:17 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-10-05

carl
you need a licences for the premises,but it has to have your name on it.your historia should have sorted all of that for you,