Denied entry into Spain and trying to return
Posted: 11 January 2011 09:49 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-10

Hello to all, hoping that someone out there has some info that can help me out. 
Just about a week ago I was denied entry into Spain, detained, and sent back home.  I have been living in Spain without a visa (I’m American) for nearly two years and had left the country and reentered multiple times without problem, just banking on customs negligence.  This time I suppose maybe they were cracking down for the beginning of the new year or perhaps I just got the wrong person on the wrong day.  Either way, I’m crushed.  I’m looking for whatever way I can get back in (besides waiting the six months they told me I should).  My question I guess is whether anyone thinks it’s a terribly stupid idea to just get a new passport and try to reenter.  This seems too easy, but the fact is is that I never remember them scanning my passport (this time they caught me just by noticing the stamps, and obviously a new one wouldn’t have stamps).  I don’t think they scan passports in Madrid or in Sevilla (or I guess I could reenter through Portugal).  I guess I’m not sure if I am now on some list with my name flagged or not, or whether anyone knows whether they scan and look at electrical records in those airports.  Anyone who’s lived in Spain knows about their negligence and informality often times with these matters (they even just marked on my current passport in pen, marking the stamp with four lines and an ‘f’ in parentheses below)—but maybe I am being foolish.  Any help would be so greatly appreciate.