Applying for Spanish Residency while in another country
Posted: 09 February 2011 02:11 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-09

Hello,

This is my first time here, I decided to sign in because I have read a lot of interesting things and i thought maybe i could get some help here.
I am from Chile and my partner is from Finland and we are planning to move to Spain hopefully at the end of the year. We currently live in United States and have been together for over 5 years so we have decided we are gonna go to Finland and get a civil union. After staying in Finland for a couple months we are planning to move to Spain.
I believe we shouldnt have any issues once we get the civil union but our concern is about applying for the residence in Spain. Everything that I have read it seems to say that it will take a while and that we have to be in Spain to do it, now my question is, is there anyway that we could just go to Spain when we have to go to our appointment and stuff like that. We are wondering because we dont want to be in Spain for 3 months or more without being able to work, so if it was possible to stay in Finland while we are processing all this it would be great. Or is there anyway that we could do this from Finland?

I appreciate all your help!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Su