Help please!! Moving from UK to Spain
Posted: 22 February 2011 03:17 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-02-22

I am planning on moving to Benalmadena area towards the end of this year (2011) and have no idea where to start or timeframes I should be working towards ect so any help would be much appriciated. I am 31, single without kids so will be looking to rent either a studio or 1 bed appt and will be looking for customer service/call centre work, I will be starting to learn basic Spanish from next month onwords so will be at least conversational level by the time I make the move. Help please!!

Posted: 23 February 2011 11:47 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-23

Hello

Most Telesales companies here on the coast are looking for fluent Spanish speakers and in some cases are looking for multi language skills, Studio apartments go from 400? upwards.

Time frames as you are on your own no children you should be able to get sorted in a week or so having an NIE is probably the most important thing so you can get rental property.

Hope that helps

Paul

24/7 Locksmith

A1 Security Systems
http://www.a1security.es

Posted: 24 February 2011 04:08 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-02-22

Hi, thanks for your reply.  This may sound think but what is an NIE and how would I go about getting one whilst still in the UK, can easily pop over if need to obtain in Spain?

Thanks

Emma

Posted: 24 February 2011 12:56 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-23

Hello Emma

An NIE is your identity number like a social security number but it is god here in Spain can be obtained at Police Station there are people here that will sort it for you for a price of course

Regards

Paul

24/7 Locksmith

A1 Security Systems
http://www.a1security.es

Posted: 24 February 2011 02:42 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2011-02-22

Doesn’t everything come with a price lol

Am planning another trip over for a few days in may but not planning to move till oct, would may be to early to sort out my NIE or would it need to be done nearer the time of the mve?

Thanks again

Emma

Posted: 26 February 2011 05:33 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-26
emj79 - 22 February 2011 03:17 AM

I am planning on moving to Benalmadena area towards the end of this year (2011) and have no idea where to start or timeframes I should be working towards ect so any help would be much appriciated. I am 31, single without kids so will be looking to rent either a studio or 1 bed appt and will be looking for customer service/call centre work, I will be starting to learn basic Spanish from next month onwords so will be at least conversational level by the time I make the move. Help please!!