Multiple questions before moving to Spain
Posted: 09 April 2011 03:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-09

Hola,

I’m planning to buy some property in Spain. Naturally, more and more questions arise while looking up answers.
If you can point me in the right directions on any of the following subjects i would greatly appreciate it.

If i buy agricultural / farm land, am i allowed to put a motorhome or caravan on the property and live there for longer periods? (for example: a year)?

What are the laws concerning the pumping and using of ground water?
If available i would like to use groundwater to water my garden and even to drink it (after filtration) if possible in that area. Do i need a permit? Is there a maximum of water i am allowed to pump up?

I read a lot on this forum about internet connections in Spain, but a lot of the information seems outdated. Is it still impossible to get a decent ADSL connection more then 3km from a medium sized village? How is GPRS/HSDPA coverage nowadays?

There are a lot of visa questions too, since my girlfriend is not EU national, but they seem to be covered on the forum, just need a lot of reading… I guess the best option is to merry my girlfriend, then me moving there first (being a Dutch citizen it doesn’t seem extremely hard to get permission to live in Spain), and then apply for the visa for my wife.

Many thanks for all the good information on this forum!

Greetings,

Arne