visa - staying longer!
Posted: 09 April 2011 03:56 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-09

hello-  just wanted some quick advice if anyone can help.

I am an American and work for an American multinational company which has an office in Madrid.  My job is with the parent company in the US but it is an international job so they let me come to the Spain office and work out of the office here to pick-up the language.  There is no employment contract, no payments, nothing from the Madrid office (besides letting me use a desk there) to me.

Suprise… I want to stay for six more months!  This place is great.

So I would like to get some visa to stay longer that won’t take forever to get.  Also, it would be preferred to not have the our Spanish company here do an employment contract for me (because that seems that it would be a hurdle).

I make more than USD 75k a year and have enough resources to stay in Madrid.  But I don’t think I qualify for the non-lucrative visa because I my income isn’t from my assets.  I am not taking any jobs from anyone from the EU.  But, of course, I would leave Spain if I got fired.  I have US health insurance which covers me here.  So besides spending my money here, I don’t see how I am a problem for Spain.

Any ideas?  What can I do?

Thanks a lot for any thoughts!