Where to live in Mallorca
Posted: 23 May 2011 10:27 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2008-08-06

Hi,

any advice on areas to live in mallorca? want to be close to palma (or in palma if people recommend)

Posted: 24 May 2011 11:52 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-06

33 views and no one can answer?

can anyone at least tell me the main area/district in palma or the most alive area/district

Posted: 24 May 2011 11:58 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Have you been to Palma or Mallorca before? What are you looking for besides “alive”?

It’s pretty straight forward that you should visit before settling somewhere. For your first time, stay in a short stay apartment downtown and scout out the various areas you’re interested in.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 May 2011 12:25 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-08-06

i have only been for an interview, so didnt get to see much. i start the job next week so i guess i will stay in a hotel for a few weeks while looking for an apartment.

however it would be good to have an idea of where to start looking.

we are looking for an area that is alive with life rather than just residental. for walks, bars, restaurants. i know mallorca isnt big but still there must be areas better than others.

look at the below link for the many different areas

http://www.idealista.com/pagina/buscar?ubicacion=07-040-01-001-XX-XXX&operacion=A&tipoinmueble=V

Posted: 25 May 2011 12:37 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Almost certainly move to the center/old town. You’ll be good there for several months before you get tired of the noise and start getting a feel for the other areas of town.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 May 2011 01:26 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Mallorca , it capatil is Palma , Island Population 869,067 (as of 1 January 2010) As of the 2009 census, the population of the city of Palma proper was 401,270, but for May - sept it major tourist destination, and the tourism business has become the main source of revenue for the island. In 2001, Its airport, Son Sant Joan, serves over 22 million passengers each year (2009) the island received millions of tourists, and the boom in the tourism industry has provided significant growth in the economy of the country. More than half of the population works in the tourist sector, which accounts for approximately 80% of Majorca?s GDP
Also was a big in Economy , was wet lease / charter flights for tour operators and other airlines, in Europe 1 Futura International Airways (ceased trading on the 8 September 2008) 2 Spanair , Spanair’s head office was in the Spanair Building on the grounds of Palma de Mallorca now in Barcelona and 3 Air Europa , Hq still there

this from mate , his boss that bought have are still living there ,
Hi J will you know where i live beside Dalmau Rocabert?  , bus here are every 10 mins DT and 25 Mins ET , (take 25 min buy bus , 15 no cars around ..Plaza Mallor , Hospital Son Ll?tzer just 3 mins walk ... ross love this place ... kids
Hospital Son Ll?tzer, CIS de Mallorca, Son Gibert, Es Vivero, Cam? Salard 12, .... Son Roca, Sa Vileta, Cam? dels Reis (estadi futbol), Cam? dels Reis, 123, ...
http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/listadolineas.en , www.cometopalma.com/travel_buses.shtml

As we rent and sold few years ago , prices are coming down and hope to buy again in the area , school are good here , we beside the Ma- 20 motorway across from the Supermarket , we got the parks both ends off the road , and Estadio Son Moix , RCD mallorca play at home here . Bar and Restaurants are near us , Building Supply, Hardware & DIY all up back over the motorway ... Shopping Centres all beside the motorway nice area for Family and young couples

any more V me back
Ross