2 of 2
Living in Spain in general
Posted: 09 June 2011 03:13 AM   [ # 16 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-06-01
jurdyr - 09 June 2011 03:06 AM

need to registration with them , but never send any money to any one looking to do you visa , this is a big scam in spain .
jurdy

To apply for a visa you have to go personally to the nearest Spanish Consulate in your area.

To apply for a residence & work permit, first of all you need a job offer in Spain.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2011 03:50 AM   [ # 17 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-02-21

Spain Unemployment Rate
The unemployment rate in Spain was last reported at 21.3 percent in the first quarter of 2011. From 1983 until 2010, Spain’s Unemployment Rate averaged 14.20 percent reaching an historical high of 20.00 percent in June of 2010 and a record low of 8.00 percent in March of 2007. The labour force is defined as the number of people employed plus the number unemployed but seeking work. tecnoempleo is a good site , employment in Computing and Telecommunications .

need to registration with them , but never send any money to any one looking to do you visa , this is a big scam in spain .
jurdy

Wow, 21.3% is high! How do you survive as a foreigners with a such a high percentage of unemployment?

Posted: 09 June 2011 03:50 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21
gestoriasalvador - 09 June 2011 03:13 AM

jurdy

To apply for a visa you have to go personally to the nearest Spanish Consulate in your area.

To apply for a residence & work permit, first of all you need a job offer in Spain.

You mean that work permit and work visa are two different things?

Posted: 09 June 2011 04:04 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05
lunokhod - 09 June 2011 03:50 AM

Spain Unemployment Rate
The unemployment rate in Spain was last reported at 21.3 percent in the first quarter of 2011. From 1983 until 2010, Spain’s Unemployment Rate averaged 14.20 percent reaching an historical high of 20.00 percent in June of 2010 and a record low of 8.00 percent in March of 2007. The labour force is defined as the number of people employed plus the number unemployed but seeking work. tecnoempleo is a good site , employment in Computing and Telecommunications .

jurdy

Wow, 21.3% is high! How do you survive as a foreigners with a such a high percentage of unemployment?

The unemployment rate is actually about 18% in the US if you take into account those who have given up looking for work. In Spain that’s included, so it’s actually not as bad as it might seem comparatively. It’s still much worse than Germany’s however.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 09 June 2011 04:25 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21
The Expatriator - 09 June 2011 04:04 AM

The unemployment rate is actually about 18% in the US if you take into account those who have given up looking for work. In Spain that’s included, so it’s actually not as bad as it might seem comparatively. It’s still much worse than Germany’s however.

But who wants to Germany, right?

Posted: 09 June 2011 05:21 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

4.9 million people out of work, the government said Friday. The rate was the highest reported by the country since 1997 .

Joblessness during the January-March period jumped 1 percentage point from 20.3 percent at the end of 2010, and adds pressure on Spain as it tries to recover from nearly two years of recession and convince investors that it can handle its heavy debt load.

The country is struggling to shift away from dependence on the construction sector, which supported growth for years until the financial crisis popped the Spain’s real estate bubble, as well as make the economy more competitive and reduce national debt.

AVG for unemployment benefit in Spain is 400 euros per month that . 400 euros X 4.9million = 1.964.080.000 Euros
not easy to get on to the system to get benefit (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)How to get your own back on red tape this utube going around for long time you njoy

The number of unemployed people in Spain stood at 4,910,200 at the end of March, up about 214,000 from the previous quarter, said the National Statistics Institute, or INE. The jobless rate is now at its highest since the first quarter of 1997, when it was 21.3 percent, although officials have since changed the way they measure unemployment, said an INE official who spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with agency policy. But the overall number of people unemployed is a record, the agency said.

Germany The German unemployment rate to 7% in May, according to the German Federal up 0.9 on April
Ireland 14.8% , Ireland’s high unemployment rate and austerity measures its government has adopted in connection with the IMF bailout, this new pinch to the jobs . but no jobs growth until 2012 . this been put by untill 2013 Ireland?s unemployment rate in the 17-nation eurozone trails only Spain?s 21 percent . The Central Statistics Office reported Wednesday that nearly 500,000 people claimed unemployment benefits last month in this country of 4.5 million. that 1/5 out of work
UK , UK Unemployment. Labour Market Statistics. May 18 2011 - The unemployment rate stands at 7.7% - down 0.1% 2.5 million out work.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 09 June 2011 05:44 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2011-06-01
lunokhod - 09 June 2011 03:50 AM
gestoriasalvador - 09 June 2011 03:13 AM

jurdy

You mean that work permit and work visa are two different things?

Not this way. You have to be in your country to apply for it. If you are in Spain as a tourist or ilegal and you have a job offer you have to return to your country, the employer interested in you has to apply for your permit meanwhile you are in your country and then, when his apply is authorized, you have a month to go to the Spanish Consulate in your area to apply for your residence and work permit.
Once all this is done and you have your visa, you have 3 months to come to Spain.

With all this I wanted to tell that no one can do this for you, that’s because you don’t have to pay money to nobody.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2011 10:04 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21
jurdyr - 09 June 2011 05:21 AM

4.9 million people out of work, the government said Friday. The rate was the highest reported by the country since 1997 .

Well, yeah, situation is pretty bad. Hope the country will get on its feet again after this crisis…

Posted: 09 June 2011 10:04 AM   [ # 24 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21
gestoriasalvador - 09 June 2011 05:44 AM

With all this I wanted to tell that no one can do this for you, that’s because you don’t have to pay money to nobody.

I see. Thanks!

Posted: 09 June 2011 03:01 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-03-15

But my point is if you feel home there and feel that you?re some foreigner only sometimes, but generally like the place you live and the people around you - or you constantly (pretty often/more than you need) feel that you are a foreigner and you?re not welcomed here.
Hope you understand what I mean. That?s why your ALWAYS looks scary, hehe.

Let me rephrase what I wrote:

I feel that I’m integrated here, I have a Spanish wife, my kid goes to a Spanish school, I have a business where all my clients are Spanish. I am comfortable and happy with that. Always being a foreigner has two parts to it, one is my frame of mind - I’ll never be able to accept why some things are as they are here - that’s MY problem. The other, I imagine would be the same in whatever country outside your home country, you can never criticize your new country as fiercely as a native is allowed, you will always have to be some kind of ambassador for your nationality and have to accept criticisms of your country’s politics, culture etc. However well I speak Spanish, I’ll never be able to hide behind a Galician accent. Meeting new people, at some point I’ll be asked from where I come from. As I say, I feel at home in Spain, I’m comfortable being a foreigner here, but I’ll never be a Galician Spaniard.

By the way the Brits call the Spanish Daygos - a bastardisation of Diego.

Posted: 11 June 2011 11:05 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2009-02-21
RiazorBlue - 09 June 2011 03:01 PM

I feel that I’m integrated here, I have a Spanish wife, my kid goes to a Spanish school, I have a business where all my clients are Spanish. I am comfortable and happy with that. Always being a foreigner has two parts to it, one is my frame of mind - I’ll never be able to accept why some things are as they are here - that’s MY problem. The other, I imagine would be the same in whatever country outside your home country, you can never criticize your new country as fiercely as a native is allowed, you will always have to be some kind of ambassador for your nationality and have to accept criticisms of your country’s politics, culture etc. However well I speak Spanish, I’ll never be able to hide behind a Galician accent. Meeting new people, at some point I’ll be asked from where I come from. As I say, I feel at home in Spain, I’m comfortable being a foreigner here, but I’ll never be a Galician Spaniard.

By the way the Brits call the Spanish Daygos - a bastardisation of Diego.

I see. Well, you’re right, we are destined to be a foreigners everywhere now, so maybe just should accept it.
Even here in America in immigration countries like Canada or USA everybody still ask you where are you from.
That’s why I said that maybe the most important thing is how you feel there.

< 1 2
2 of 2