Looking to expand our kids entertainment business to Spain - any sound advice?
Posted: 28 June 2011 02:26 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-06-28

Hi All - just saying hi in this forum.  I’ll do a full post in a more appropriate one when I’ve had a look around here.
Basically, I own/run Ireland’s largest children’s entertainment business. My business partner just came back from Lanzarote where he says the standard of kid’s entertainment was woeful.  With the sheer numbers of hotels and large bars catering to the family market he felt there was a huge opportunity to for us to export our brand and know-how to cater for the holiday market.

A few of the questions I have are; 
a. Do the hotel/bar owners want decent kids entertainment
b. If so, what will they pay for it
c. Is it a closed shop

I have loads more questions about setting up etc. but I’ll put them in another post.  My early thoughts would be that we would employ an expat in any give location to run things for us and we would train and ship out entertainers for the holiday season - having acquired the business with hotels etc. (again the local expat could come in here).

We’re too late to do it in any kind of major fashion this year but I wouldn’t mind sending an entertainer somewhere for August to test the water for a proper launch next season.

Look forward to hearing what you think. There’s a link to our Irish website in my signature.

Regards - Mike

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2011 12:48 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-06-28

Thanks for the word of support Daniel (like your site BTW)
Mike

Signature